Accounting Finance Select Category and delete this line
This is a Careers Position
TechLab, Inc. develops, manufactures and distributes medical diagnostic tests. This company places emphasis on science and collaboration with Universities. We are looking to add an Assistant Controller to our team.
An employee in this position can expect to perform the following duties:
• Perform monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
• Process journal entries and assign entries to proper accounts.
• Establish and maintain the general ledger chart of accounts.
• Identify short and long-term costs and capital expenditures.
• Preparation and review of workpapers supporting the monthly close process and month end balances.
• Assist Corporate Controller in overseeing financial account administration including but not limited to: accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory control, general accounting, and purchasing.
• Assist Corporate Controller in audit activities including annual financial audit and other regulatory authorities.
• Assist Corporate Controller in guiding financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Assist Corporate Controller in preparation of financial reporting needs to creditors.
• Ensure federal regulations are met.
• Monitor commercial business and banking transactions.
• Work on specific projects to improve the communication of finances throughout the organization.
• Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
• Assist Corporate Controller in implementing, documenting, and maintaining adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
• Performs audits to review company expenditures and evaluate reasonable pricing options.
• Discuss financial matters and provide analysis with different departments.
• Perform annual performance reviews for all direct reports.
• Assist the Corporate Controller in other projects as needed.
Tools and Equipment Used
Microsoft Office Suite
Sage ERP X3
TechLab® maintains a climate controlled environment for the job of Assistant Controller. Standard company hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, but the employee may qualify for flextime and hybrid scheduling at the employer’s discretion. Overtime is occasionally necessary with or without advance notice.
TechLab offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. This position requires candidates to possess B.S. or B.A in Finance or Accounting. Experience is preferred. Interested candidates should send a resume to email@example.com, Blacksburg, Virginia 24060. EOE.