Are you looking for a way to connect with other innovators, find inspiration, and set the tone for the upcoming year? Don’t miss Game Changer Week 2023! This incredible event is packed with opportunities to hone your leadership skills, network with local tech’s best and brightest, and soak in exciting new ideas.
Now in its third year, Game Changer Week is growing! The action happens September 5-8, so mark your calendars. Best of all, all the events are free—just register to let us know you’ll be there.
“The breakthroughs happening here have global impact and we want to do everything we can to elevate and connect our innovators with potential collaborators and opportunities,” said Erin Burcham, president of Verge and RBTC Executive Director. “With so many brilliant disruptors in the same place, you’ll come away from Game Changer Week having gained new insights to propel you toward your next big idea.”
Key to this year’s Game Changer Week is a focus on top industry areas for the Roanoke-Blacksburg region: biotech, clean energy, AI-cyber technology, and autonomous technology. We have big plans to celebrate the world-changing work happening right in our backyard including:
- “What’s the BIG deal about BIO?” featuring Johnson & Johnson and Virginia Bio: Fans of the monthly Beer & Biotech series won’t want to miss this! Our global partner, Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JLABS, will team up with local partners to present “What’s the BIG deal about BIO?”
- Capital Series for Tech Entrepreneurs. Gain unprecedented access to elite advice from people who know. This keynote will feature a mix of local investors and VT Alum and includes a discussion from a startup founder that raised $200 million in Series A funding.
- Block Party in Blacksburg: The biggest networking event since TechNite, don’t miss your chance to mix and mingle with the innovative companies and entrepreneurs at the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center.
There are so many things that make this week special, but we like to think that our commitment to an open, inclusive environment really sets us apart. No matter where you are in your educational or professional journey, we have something for everyone:
- 5 Topic Tracks to suit your needs and interests
- Educational opportunities
- Site tours
- Open houses
- Fun, welcoming networking events
- And more!
“We created Game Changer Week as a vehicle to connect generations of game changers with one another and foster opportunities for collaboration that will spark even more innovation,” said Brett Malone, President and CEO of Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center.
Game Changer Week celebrates our innovative ecosystem where our tech community is working to solve world industry challenges through work with a global impact. Each of our events is led by our very own tech community. Attend our panels and talks given by recognized founders with decades of experience, learn more about the path to capital funding, or pitch your groundbreaking idea at our pitch competition! In other words, whether you’re just starting out or are a seasoned founder, you’ll find inspiration and solutions to move your ideas forward.
The events take place Sept. 5-8 in Roanoke and Blacksburg and are free to attend. Register, download the app, and create an agenda of can’t-miss talks, open houses, and networking events!
As originally published by RBTC