Get to know our staff: 5 questions w/VTCRC Administrative Staff Andrea Hammond
Andrea is the Community Administrator for COgro.
- How long have you been with the research park? Since September 2019
- Camping or luxury hotel? Both… I can’t decide!!
- Name something on your bucket list: Playing keyboard in a band
- What are you watching on TV? Ozark
- One word to describe the VTCRC would be… A fun environment
- Dawn Myers, CPM, COO
- Eddie Williams, Building and Grounds Superintendent
- Nicole Luth, Global Partnership Coordinator
- Devon Brodkin, Financial Services Supervisor
The Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center is an integral part of Virginia’s innovation ecosystem. Located a stone’s throw from Virginia Tech, one of the nation’s premier research universities, VTCRC is where bold thinkers turn big ideas into world-changing realities. VTCRC features flexible-lease wet and dry research labs, modern offices, and coworking space, all with top-tier amenities.
Nestled in the beautiful New River Valley, the VTCRC ecosystem exists alongside an affordable cost of living, high-quality education systems, and modern healthcare facilities. It’s no wonder we are leading the way in biotech, autonomous tech, software, and aerospace. Because we are adjacent to Virginia Tech, companies have access to an elite talent pool of students, faculty, and staff and university resources.
What sets VTCRC apart is its commitment to collaboration as the driving force behind innovation. Entrepreneurs, startups, and seed companies who become part of the innovation ecosystem have access to a rich environment of resources to take their ideas from lab to market. From Virginia Tech’s Link + License + Launch, to the Roanoke Regional Accelerator Program, to a national STEM research accelerator, VTCRC connects researchers with investors and business experts to disrupt markets and improve lives.