VT Virginia Tech
Human Resources Assistant
Job no: 524652
Work type: Hourly Wage/Part-Time
Senior management: Vice President-Info Technology
Department: VP Information Technology – Admin
Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
Categories: Human Resources
The Division of IT is seeking a team-oriented and highly motivated individual to provide support as a Human Resources Assistant. The successful candidate for this position should be able to work cooperatively in a team environment and have a constant positive customer service attitude.
Reporting to the HR director, the HR assistant performs administrative support for the HRIT team. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Transactional activity and paperwork related to personnel actions.
• Handling wage leave and payroll for the Division of IT.
• Coordination and tracking of various HR projects across the enterprise.
• Acting as backup for leave reporting, accident reporting, and employee onboarding.
This position can be partially remote and partially onsite (hybrid) after a brief onsite onboarding period.
– Demonstrated experience providing administrative support in a professional or academic setting.
– Demonstrated experience with various computer software such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
– Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, process documents with careful attention to detail, and meet critical deadlines.
– Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills.
– Experience with university systems, such as Banner, PageUp, Timeclock Plus, Leave Reporting Systems or relational database applications
– Knowledge of university policies and procedures.
– Working knowledge of higher education business practices.
– Experience with event planning
$19.00 to $21.00
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Amber Pifer at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: February 10, 2023
Applications close: Open until filled