Job no: 526367
Work type: Staff
Senior management: Vice President-Info Technology
Department: IT Experience & Engagement
Location: Blacksburg, Virginia, Hybrid
Categories: Information Systems / Technology
Working in a call center focused on resolving computer user problems, an Information Center Agent communicates with stakeholders using a telephone and/or electronic means, determines what service is needed, and enters the pertinent service information into a computerized ticketing system, and resolves common problems, and escalated more difficult problems. Stakeholder satisfaction is at the forefront of our goals. Stakeholders include, but are not limited to, students, staff, faculty, internal and external associates, peers, colleagues and community members.
Work Schedule: Tuesday – Saturday 3 p.m. – 12 a.m.
– Demonstrated strong communications skills to receive, record, and transmit information;
– Demonstrated computer competency in a Windows environment with emphasis on Outlook and web based applications;
– Ability to perform all duties with professionalism, courtesy, and tact in a stressful call center environment;
– Demonstrated ability to manage multiline phones and the ability to multitask;
– Ability to interface with stakeholders using the telephone and computer-based tools including email and chat while utilizing customer service skills;
– Proven ability to work cooperatively with others, to be a part of a team, to work together and a willingness and ability to document knowledge and share with others.
– Experience in a technical call center;
– Experience with trouble ticketing software;
– Technical writing skills;
– Familiarity with network management software.
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact India Eanes at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: July 14, 2023
Applications close: Open until filled