This is a Careers Position
Job no: 526632
Work type: Administrative & Professional
Senior management: Vice President-Info Technology
Department: IT Experience & Engagement
Location: Blacksburg, Virginia, Fully Remote, Hybrid
Categories: Information Systems / Technology
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced ServiceNow Asset and Configuration Manager to work as a member of a team developing and supporting the Division of Information Technology’s ITSM tool, ServiceNow. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience using the ServiceNow platform, with a focus on ServiceNow ITOM (IT Operations Management) Visibility – Discovery, Service Graph Connectors, Service Mapping, Certificate Management, and development of a Multisource CMDB. The position will be responsible for overseeing the CMDB, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information is maintained and available. You will also leverage ServiceNow reporting and metrics to develop and enhance the accuracy and efficiency of related service management processes and procedures and to support decision-making.
Responsibilities for the position include implementing, managing, and configuring ServiceNow Discovery to automate the identification and tracking of IT assets, utilizing ServiceNow Graph Connectors to establish and maintain connections with various data sources, as well as maintaining associated documentation, processes, and procedures. You will monitor and maintain data integrity and currency within the CMDB and resolve any inconsistencies or discrepancies, ensuring alignment with the overall ITSM framework and policies.
You will also work with external development partners and internal stakeholders to support and develop best practice enterprise solutions for IT Asset Management leveraging ServiceNow to visualize and understand complex dependencies.
This position is open to support 100% remote work for the appropriate candidate.
– Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar) or work experience that equates to a bachelor’s degree.
– Demonstrated experience in asset and configuration management using an enterprise service management tool.
– Demonstrated experience using ServiceNow platform in an enterprise environment.
– Experience with enterprise discovery, including configuration and support of discovery processes and service mappings.
– Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and resolve data inconsistencies.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
– Detail-oriented and highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
– Self-motivated and proactive, with a strong commitment to continuous improvement and a willingness to document and share knowledge with others.
– Proven experience in asset and configuration management using the ServiceNow platform, with a focus on ServiceNow Discovery, Graph Connectors, and Multisource CMDB.
– Proven experience implementing and supporting ServiceNow Certificate Management.
– Preferred certifications:
– ITIL 4 Foundation
– ITIL 4 Specialist: IT Asset Management
– ServiceNow Business Process Analyst
– ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist: Discovery
– ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist: Service Mapping
$85,000 – $100,000
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact India Eanes at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: August 7, 2023
Applications close: Open until filled